Junior Evaluation Engineer - Automotive - English speaking
About the job
Toyota Boshoku Corporation is an innovative automotive interior parts manufacturer. Our product lineup includes seats, headliners, filtration and powertrain components, as well as textiles and exterior components. With more than 50.000 colleagues working in our 90 group companies, we strive to provide a safe and comfortable automobile interior space for people all over the world.
As an Junior Evaluation Engineer, you will join the Evaluation Engineering Department where you - with the support of your team members - will develop yourself in the field of automotive seat performance evaluation and validation. Supported by internal and external trainings you will have the chance to work with unique equipment, software and test methods and over time be responsible for EU region development projects.
Evaluation Engineering Department is a department that is constantly growing and expanding its capabilities while giving its members the opportunity to grow as well as giving the opportunity to have direct input and influence on future test implementations and work environment.
- Select and schedule necessary evaluations for projects, serial production and cost reduction activities.
- Prepare correct test setup according to technical standards and receive reliable evaluation results.
- Understand and examine evaluation results, report and communicate results to related parties.
- Create equipment and facility maintenance plan and follow.
- Support plants/serial production on problem analysis and support in developing countermeasures for serial production issues.
- Prepare reports for project milestone meetings.
- Work and communicate closely with related parties (TBEU R&D, TB Japan and customer) in following up ongoing and planned evaluations and problem analysis.
- Continuously focus on improving quality of evaluation output by studying and comparing test method to known standards and implement improvement actions.
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering field, preferably in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- You have a hands on mentality and able to work independently.
- You can adapt to the Japanese business culture.
- Advance knowledge of MS office.
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- Permanent contract
- Flexible working schedule (start and end time)
- Due to the work tasks, you required to be in the office mostly, 10% home office is possible
- Hospitalization and Group insurance
- Meal vouchers and Eco- cheques
- Transportation reimbursement as per local regulations
- International work environment, continuous learning
- International project where you can develop your knowledge and skills on different areas
- Training opportunities (external and internal)
- Higher education preferably an Engineering degree (Mechanical, Chemical,…) or equivalent through experience
- Ideally max 3 years of experience within the quality division in an industrial manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry
- Excellent interpersonal & argumentation skills with the ability to interact effectively throughout various functional groups and hierarchical levels
- Willing to travel frequently (±25%) – during the workweek (Weekends are usually spent at home) to plants in the Europe-Africa region
- Knowledge of English at a Business Proficiency level
- Personality: analytical, fact driven, assertive, curious mind, solution oriented, convincing, ‘can do’ attitude, hands-on mindset
- Team player
- Ability to train and inspire people
- Language skills: Proficient knowledge of English is a must, other languages (French, Japanese, Polish, Turkish…) are an asset.
- Good MS Office skills
- Driving license is required
How to apply
We are looking forward to receiving your CV (in English) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via form below.
If your profile matches our requirements, we will be in contact with you to define next steps.